Ushering is the art of making the members and visitors feel comfortable and of lending spiritual dignity to the whole church service. Exercise care in receiving the guest in the church, greet members, guest and visitors with a pleasant smile and a kind word.
- Concentrate on the people and their seating habits to make the members comfortable and to get them involved in the total worship service.
- Seat visitors beside members and introduce them to members.
- Provide programs, fans and envelopes if needed.
- Be aware of our surroundings at all times and be able to communicate with other ushers on the floor without disturbance.
- Know when to walk and seat the parishioners
- Concentrate on the church service in order for the ushers to know what is going on at all times
- Provide information to the members and visitors
- Know your church functions and lay-out of the building